Summer is here and the hot weather can do a number on your skin. Smooth out the dryness with this rich exfoliating sugar scrub. The natural oils in lime zest and the moisturizing coconut oil paired with sugar makes for an excellent all natural exfoliant and will leave your skin feeling rejuvenated. The fresh coconut lime fragrance is a tropical delight!
Homemade body scrubs are awesome because you know exactly what’s going into them and chances are you’ll have all of the ingredients on hand. They usually cost a lot less than if you were to buy them in high end body shops too!
All you need is a cute jar, some ribbon and a label to make this the perfect go to gift for friends and family this summer.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 cup white sugar
- 1-2 TBSP of lime juice
- 2 TBSP finely chopped raw coconut
- Zest of 2 limes
- Soften Coconut oil in the microwave for 7-10 seconds
- Mix together sugar, coconut oil and lime juice
- Mix in the raw coconut and lime zest
- Add more or less coconut oil to reach desired consistency
- For a stronger scented scrub you can add lime and/or coconut essential oils
How to use:
- Use as part of your daily shower routine for soft, radiant skin. Focus on elbows, feet and drier areas of the body
- Rinse with warm water